Friday, November 27, 2009

SHAUN THE SHEEP

Just had an email from Aardman:

"Hi James,
Hope all is well with you. Just to let you know we’ve finally finished your Shaun episode (playfully re-titled Frantic Romantic) and this will be going out on BBC1 at 4.20 on Tues 11 Dec, with a repeat the next day at 4.25 (plus it’ll be on BBC iplayer for a week)."


I AM SO EXCITED.

UPDATE: hmm, an independent observer (Richard) has pointed out that the 11th December is a Friday, not a Tues. AARDMAN IS MESSING WITH TIME ITSELF. I shall investigate.

I have investigated. According to Wikipedia:

"Frantic Romantic" 11 December 2009
The Farmer trying to impress his new date by cooking a romantic dinner. Unfortunately, the Farmer can't cook and Bitzer is a useless maitre d'. Can Shaun and the flock save the day when they take over the catering behind the scenes?[1]



16 comments:

Mark said...

Awesome- very happy for you :D

Jason Arnopp said...

That's bleatin' fantastic!

nanga parbat said...

Hot diggety!! This is quite simply the coolest thing since Bob the Builder! Small children will look upon you with awe once again!

mg said...

Mrs Angstrom and I are immensely proud of you. I can assure you that all the tiny Angstroms will be quite literally glued to their seats.

By the way, is that 4.20 AM or PM?

Unknown said...

Ahh that's fantastic! Congratulations! I cannot wait - will be watching it with a great big grin on my face, I can promise you! I'm sure it will be wonderful! :D

Vicus Scurra said...

Well done.a

Matt said...

Woo! Been watching the series so far and was meaning to ask when yours would be on.

If its been 'playfully re-titled', what was your original title?

James Henry said...

I think it was something really quite dull, like 'The Farmer's Date', or summat.

Imo said...

Have had the Sky+ box set up to record the new series for the boys, and Mr Imo and I have been watching them all week. Aardman have not only been playing around with time, they've also played around with the look of some of the characters, the Farmer is more ginger and has a different mouth, and Bitzer is now a rough haired dog, not smooth. It's going to take a bit of getting used to!

Matt said...

The character redesigns seem to be to speed up the animation process. Instead of cutting the mouth off the model, putting in the mouth shape they need, then smoothing over the join, they can now just pop the mouth off and put the new one straight in.
While the farmers beardline works, I'm still not convinced by Bitzer. Although I'll probably get used to it soon enough.

Oli said...

Yay!

Eleanor said...

Way hey! :)

Christopher said...

Hail, thou Monarch of the Ovine!

James Henry said...

Thank ewe.

Boz said...

I saw my first episode of Shaun the Sheep very recently. It was surprisingly off-the-wall. Shaun was DJ-ing at a club night in the barn. I hooted to myself out loud three times - which clearly indicates greatness.

I shall set my telly box, and youngest nephew, for the 11th.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.